In the News
Beyond Meat™ has been featured in The New York Times, Time Magazine, NPR, and more.
I can’t control what animal meat producers do in their facilities, but I can promise you that we’ll always put your health and safety first
Beyond Meat Asks Chicken Producers to Let Public In – Jennifer Mishler, October 16, 2013
“Beyond Meat closes in on the perfect fake chicken, turns heads, tastebuds”
“The Bill Gates-backed company that’s reinventing meat” – Marc Gunther, October 3, 2013
“It’s more like meat than anything I’ve ever seen that wasn’t meat,”
“Tastes Like Chicken” – Alton Brown, September 17, 2013
“Fooled me badly in a blind tasting”
“A Chicken Without Guilt” – Mark Bittman, March 9, 2012
“…Breaks apart in your mouth the way chicken does…with that ineffable chew of real flesh…it disjoins the way chicken does, with a few random strands of “meat” hanging loosely…The vegetarian world is buzzing about the breakthrough…”
“Meat for the Meatless: Fake Chicken Gets So Real ‘It’s Freaky’” – Everett Rosenfeld, July 30, 2012
“Beyond Meat’s faux chicken will change how you feel about eating ersatz animal products.”
“Fake Meat So Good It Will Freak You Out” – Farhad Manjoo, July 26, 2012“Points to a future with a whole lot less clucking.”
AMERICAN PUBLIC MEDIA
Press Release: Beyond Meat Issues Transparency Challenge to Poultry Producers
Press Release: Meatless Monday Isn’t Just for Monday Anymore – May 2013
Press Release: Beyond Meat® Launches First Meat-Free, Gluten-Free & Chicken-Free strips! – April 2013
View some of our most frequently asked questions below. To view additional FAQ’s click here.
1. Where can I buy Beyond Meat? Please type in your zip code into our Stores Locator or fill out our Store Request Form to let us know where you want Beyond Meat® to be sold and we’ll put it on our preferred distributor list!.
2. Is Beyond Meat non-GMO? Yes, all of our ingredients, including our soy protein and canola oil, are non-GMO and we will soon have certification from the non-GMO Project.
3. Is Beyond Meat Kosher? Yes, as of August 13, 2013 we are certified Kosher by Star-K. However, our packaging might not reflect that while older inventory remains in circulation.
4. Is Beyond Meat gluten-free? Yes, and we are now certified by the Gluten Free Certification Organization, a program of the Gluten Intolerance Group.
5. Is Beyond Meat vegan? Yes, Beyond Meat is made from completely vegan ingredients and uses no animal products or ingredients processed with animal byproducts.
6. Is Beyond Meat organic? No, but we are completely non-GMO.
8. Is Beyond Meat publicly traded on the stock market? How can I invest? Beyond Meat is privately held, not on any stock market and we are not currently seeking outside investors.
9. Is Beyond Meat available in Canada or Internationally? We currently only sell in the hotbar/deli of the four Whole Foods in Vancouver, BC. Otherwise, international fans can buy Beyond Meat through VeganEssentials.com.
10. Is Beyond Meat interested in export opportunities? We’re currently focused on our US launch and not looking for export opportunities outside of the US.