FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I don't live in the United States. Am I still eligible?
No, only residents of the United States may participate in this video contest.
When is the deadline to submit my video and application?
Your video submission must be complete and submitted here by Wednesday, Nov 29th, 2017 at 11:59PM PST.
What should the video be about?
If someone had never heard of The Beyond Burger and they watched your video, the end result should leave them thinking, "I MUST try that burger!" Get creative, clever, and witty to create a short ad that will have everyone talking about The Beyond Burger.
Your video should:
- include some form of The Beyond Burger branding (at least one of the below):
- The Beyond Burger package
- Voice over audio mentioning The Beyond Burger
- The Beyond Burger text overlay
- The Beyond Burger in the meat case at your local grocery
- somehow incorporate the juicy, delicious taste appeal of The Beyond Burger (examples below):
- The sizzle in the pan
- The chin dribbling eating experience
- include engaging, thumb-stopping content to get carnivores and veggies alike to check out your video in their feed
- be no longer than 30 seconds in length and no shorter than 15 seconds
- If you post to social, include caption #lightsbeyondburgeraction so it can be included in the gallery (seen here)
How are the videos going to be judged?
A panel of judges from Beyond Meat will determine the top ten finalists for public voting. Finalists will be determined based on creativity, entertainment value, and must comply with all contest guidelines.
Where will voting take place?
Videos must be submitted here by 11:59PM PST on Nov 29th, 2017. On Thursday Nov 30th, the ten finalists who have been selected for the online vote will be notified via email. They will have until Monday, Dec 4thth, at 11:59pm PST to send a Dropbox link of their video to email@example.com. Finalists' videos will be uploaded to the Beyond Meat website and Facebook page on Wednesday, Dec 6th, on or around 11:00am PST and voting will take place until 11am PST on Dec 8th. The video that receives the most votes, will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner.
How do I upload a video?
- Create your scrappy video (i.e. shot on cell phone)
- Upload your video here, via link or file upload.
Please note file uploads will not be displayed in gallery.
- Public Instagram and Twitter pages will also pull in entry videos who use #LightsBeyondBurgerAction, but please note that you must enter via this link as well, so that we can obtain your email information.
- Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges made of up representatives from Beyond Meat based on the video and the content of the application.
What are the requirements for my video?
Videos should be no longer than 30 seconds in length and no shorter than 15 seconds. The video link needs to be added to the application before 11:59 pm PST on Wednesday, Nov 29th, 2017. Your video should include some type of Beyond Burger branding and sell its delicious taste appeal.
Can I include copyrighted music or film clips in my video?
The content of the video is your responsibility. We trust that you will obtain legal permission to use copyrighted material first. Beyond Meat reserves the right to remove any videos that do not comply with usage rights.
Can I enter the contest more than once?
For Lights-Beyond Burger-Action, you can enter the contest as many times as you wish, but your odds of winning will not be increased after entering one time.
When you say, "a luxurious 2 night stay at a resort," what do you mean?
The video with the most votes (likes) on Facebook will be the Grand Prize Winner of a two-night, three-day stay at a 4-star or better hotel in the Santa Monica area of Los Angeles County. Full details listed in our official Terms and Conditions here.
If I win, how long do I have to claim my prize if I win?
Winner must email us back once they have been notified by Monday, December 19th and must take use of vacation prizing between time of winning and Dec 31st, 2018.
When will 10 finalists receive their prize?
They will be notified on Nov 28th and will receive their prize by Dec 31st, 2017.