1) Place all the Italian Sausage ingredients in a mixing bowl and gently fold together until well blended. Form small 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces, rolling like a ball and then flattening slightly like 1-inch sliders. Place on a plate or parchment paper.
2) Heat butter and oil together in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add the pieces of sausage into the pan and fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy and brown. Remove from the pan onto a plate. Add the mushroom and cook until moist and golden brown in color. Remove and place with the sausage.
3) Add the onion and garlic until onions are translucent. If pan appears dry, add another tablespoon of oil. Add the rice and cook, stirring until the rice is coated in the oil mix. Cook this about 1 minute.
4) Add 1 cup of the stock until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding stock, about ½ cup at a time, stirring frequently and making sure all the liquid is absorbed before adding more stock.
5) When 2 cups of the stock has been added, add the pumpkin puree. Continue to add stock and cook until the rice is tender and creamy (about 15 to 20 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the vegan parmesan, sausage, mushrooms, and parsley, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!