1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove the core of the cabbage and carefully place the whole cabbage in the boiling water. Peel off leaves of the cabbage with tongs when the leaves are flexible enough to remove. Reserve 12-16 leaves. Chop the remainder of the cabbage.
2. Bring 2 cups of vegan beef broth to a boil in a small pot. Add rice, cover and simmer until aldente, approximately 10 minutes.
3. For the sauce, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent. Mix in the tomato sauce, crushed tomato, tomato paste, 1 cup of the reserved chopped cabbage, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, beef broth, bay leaf, cinnamon, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
4. Place Beyond Meat crumbles in a food processor and pulse 5 – 10 times to make a finer crumble. This step is optional. I like my 'meat' finer for this recipe, however straight from the bag is fine, too.
5. For the filling, heat the olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent. Add garlic and sauce another minute. Add Beyond Meat crumbles, the remaining 1 cup beef broth, rice, tomato, sage, rosemary, oregano, thyme, and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cook uncovered until no liquid remains. Remove from heat and add egg replacer.
6. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Remove the bay leaf from the sauce and add 1 cup of sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. To assemble, place 1/2 cup of filling near the edge of each leaf near the base. Roll up toward the outer edge, folding in the sides as you roll. Place the rolls seam side down over the sauce. When the pan is full, pour the remaining sauce over the top and place in the middle rack of the oven. Bake for an hour uncovered. Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve.