Beyond Burger Lo Mein
By: Beyond Meat
- 3 tablespoons of gochujang
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- crushed 2 teaspoons ginger
- crushed 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 package of the Beyond Burger 1 (80z)
- package of lo mein noodles
- cooked ½ cup of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of button or shiitake mushrooms
- sliced 1 cup of snow peas
- trimmed ⅓ cup of carrots
- julienned 1 handful of choy sum or bok choy
- chopped 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of scallions, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, gochujang, brown sugar and hot water until it forms paste-like sauce. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil on medium high. Place patties on skillet and with a wooden spoon or fork, mash patties until they resemble a ground beef-like texture.
- Once the meat browns, turn heat to high. Add sauce, lo mein noodles, broth, vegetables and leafy greens. Stir fry until sauce thickens and vegetables are tender. About 9 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions